Long-term travel takes couples to another level that two-week-vacationers and staying-in-one-place couples may never reach. We have to admit, we are a different breed of couples, we do things differently, we act differently, and we love in a different capacity.
We are not your average couple! So, what makes us so different?
1. Instead of dreaming of owning a house with a white picket fence, a dog and two kids, we are dreaming about the next adventure.
2. Our joint savings account is really our joint traveling account.
3. There is no real sexy-time! No new lingerie for him! He’s seen all my panties and draws, after all all we have is just two weeks worth of clothes on repeat.
4. Our version of fancy dinners is sitting on the street eating street food.
5. For anniversaries and birthdays we don’t cut cakes, or throw parties, we book tickets to our next destination.
6. We don’t get breaks from each other by going to work every day for eight hours, we see each others’ awesome face 24/7.
7. Work and stress is your problem. Travel and relaxation is our solution.
8. If there is a problem and one of us is feeling some type of way, the other will know about it. There is no where to run or hide! We hold nothing back, we let it all out.
9. There is no such thing as a romantic getaway, there’s only a finally-me-time … which mostly happens when one of us is in the bathroom.
10. We don’t have sex in public places to spice up our relationship we have sex in different countries ;)
11. Who needs bubble baths and a glass of wine when you can go skinny dipping at a deserted beach and sip mojitos while gazing at the stars.
12. Instead of watching T.V. together, we watch sunsets.
13. We don’t love each other for the clothes we wear, the jobs we have, the money we make, the people we know, or the things we have. Rather, we love each other on a deeper, non superficial level because traveling peels down all the layers to the point that all you get is just the person, nothing else.
14. Our true self is never suppressed rather it is unveiled and accepted. There is no hiding who we really are.
16. Our dates don’t include watching movies or going out for dinner, they are more like jumping off a 15m waterfall, squeezing into a jam packed chicken bus with our 40L backpacks, climbing active volcanoes or camping on the beach.
17. Instead of begging each other for a massage, we simply go to Thailand and get one for five bucks.
18. We don’t argue over who is going to do the dishes, instead we argue about whose travel itinerary we should follow.
19. We don’t plan for the “future”, our future is now – We live for now, not for later!
20. Instead of doing the same old stuff together, we are constantly doing something new and pushing each other out of our comfort zones.
21. We don’t live for money or material goods. We live for our happiness, freedom and adventures.
22. We don’t just survive, WE LIVE !
What is your take on this? Why do you think couples who travel are different from the average couple?